• Presented in memoriam of Jerry Austin, this award has been presented since 1980 to the top-placing rookie.
• Musher receives: a $1,500 check and a commemorative trophy
Rookie of the Year
• This award is present to the musher who bettered his/her previous finish by the most places.
• Musher receives: o $2,000check and a commemorative trophy
2015 Iditarod & 2017 Willow 300
Presented since 1982 to a top 20 team Based on specific criteria to determine who has best demonstrated outstanding dog care throughout the Race while remaining competitive. Recipient received a lead crystal cup on an illuminated wooden base.
2016 & 2017 Iditarod
Nome Kennel Club Fastest Time from Safety to Nome
• Presented by the Nome Kennel Club since 1973, this awards goes to the musher with the fastest time from the Safety checkpoint to Nome.
Fastest from Safety to Nome
Each year, the first musher to reach the Yukon River wins the “First Musher to the Yukon Award,” sponsored by the Lakefront Anchorage hotel. The prize includes $3,500 in one-dollar bills and a five-course meal with wine pairings.
First to the Yukon
Aurora 50/50 | Willow 300
Kobuk 440 | Knik 200
Wining is always fun, as the years go by, team petit continues to out perform the field participating in all diciplines.